SailNet Community - View Single Post - Low buck projects- Let's see 'em!
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2013
Asleep at the wheel

jimgo is on a distinguished road
Re: Low buck projects- Let's see 'em!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloopJonB View Post
Here are the pics. I started with the fully assembled lamp and then took pieces off one by one so you can see how the glass chimney and globe are retained.
I'm sorry, those can't be converted. You can just send them to me and I'll dispose of them for you.

No?

Darn, that never seems to work.

It looks to me like those are the right diameter to use the Christmas-style lights (the fake candles that you put in your window). You could scavange the innards from one of those lights and install it in the lamp, bringing the cord down into the base. You'll have to put a hole in the lamp somewhere to allow the cord to exit, which will ruin the base so you won't be able to put in any oil, but that seems consistent with your plans anyway.

What I'd consider, though, is running those off of batteries. If the top comes off, you should be able to use the oil bowl/base as a holder for the batteries, and simply run the wire up the wick tube to the scavenged lamp base.
1975 Albacore 15

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook