SailNet Community - View Single Post - Oops!!!
Thread: Oops!!!
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2013

Jd1 is on a distinguished road
Re: Oops!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulinVictoria View Post
True, it's probably safer out of the water too, less rocks to hit. (If you read this Jens, )
Yup, it's a lot safer where it is
The story as of this morning is that they are not sure what happened but one wheel of the lift mounted the guard at the edge and drove over it into the drink (a large drop!). Apparently they have had occasional issues with steering. Basically at this time they do not know if it was operator failure or mechanical failure. They had a large power boat (50 ft?) in the slings and were attempting to splash it. Apparently it was already in the water (so it didn't fall) and they were trying to give it a push out. It is now at a nearby marina after having received substantial damage.
It is unknown at this time if the lift can be salvaged - lots of broken bits and twisting. The boat yard is up the creek without a lift (or paddle) and may have to bring in a mobile crane to launch boats that are currently in the yard. It is too early for any decisions. My boat wasn't supposed to be splashed until sometime next week. I am not sure if I will be trapped beyond the time needed for the repairs
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook