SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2013

DiasDePlaya is on a distinguished road
Re: Wauquiez Dayboat 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCP View Post
Robelz, thanks for posting about it. It is a beautiful boat by Berret / Racoupeau . On another thread about cruising we were reaching the conclusion that many use their boats not for cruising but to day-sail and I was saying it was a shame because a cruiser boat has a lot of compromises regarding what is needed for cruising and the sailing boat could be a much more fun and enjoyable boat if not compromised that way.

The Wauquiez Dayboat 9 explains exactly what I was trying to say. It seems that the Europeans are getting clever in what regards their boat options. In fact many don't use their cruising boats for cruising (just for sailing) but the number of expensive top day-sailers like this one has increased dramatically on the last years and it shows they are getting better boats and more enjoyable sailboats for what they really like or can do and the way they use their boats.
Time ago talking with four friends that own a 36.7, they are thinking to replace she by something bigger and they say that they lack interior space. But they have never sailed more than an afternoon on their yacht! I told them and just stared at me. I do not understand wanting a sailboat with beds, bathroom and kitchen have never used or will use in the future. It is much more logical to buy a daysailer that a cruise if you're just going to sail close to the yacht club. I am very interested in the Summit MD35.

Last edited by DiasDePlaya; 05-07-2013 at 07:24 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook