SailNet Community - View Single Post - Oops!!!
Thread: Oops!!!
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2013

Dog Ship is on a distinguished road
Re: Oops!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clearlyme View Post
I feel the comment about the operator being a hot dog is unfair and unjustified. Probably stated by someone that has no experience or clue about machinery operation. .
This comment was made based on my knowledge as an operating engineer with over 60,000 hours/33 years of heavy equipment operation experience.
I have also witnessed this crane being operated by one person most if not all the time.
And yah, if the crane malfuctioned, why didn't the operator stop, Oh right he was busy and going too fast.
Most, if not all equipment accidents are caused by the operator not paying attention. That is a simple fact. Very, very few accidents are caused by the equipment failing, it does happen but it is extremely unusual.
After the crane was recovered it was sitting on fairly level ground and appeared to be bent. Even Brent from Blackline agreed that it looked bent. If you have since taken all of the required measurement to determine that it is not bent then sorry for "that" miss information.
Oh by the way. It is designed with that coupler so it can travel over uneven ground without lifting a wheel.
No slobbering on the charts.

Last edited by Dog Ship; 05-08-2013 at 07:24 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook