SailNet Community - View Single Post - Recommendations needed - baby/infant PFD and harnesses
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2013

T37Chef will become famous soon enough
Re: Recommendations needed - baby/infant PFD and harnesses

Quote:
Originally Posted by overbored View Post
that your government for you. glade to see that boats over 21' in that state don't sink, thats good to know. here it is 26' like most laws I just don't get how they come up with this stuff
Like I said, I was pointing out that your statement was incorrect. I'm not sure why you feel the need to be sarcastic?

In the summer on the Chesapeake it can reach temps over 90 degrees often, and not uncommon to see temps over 100 in August. Add to that high humidity and it makes for a pretty sweltering heat index. When its that hot out, usually we just don't go sailing, but when we have its coolest below decks anyway therefore no need in my opinion for a PFD, even while underway. The PFDs are readily available if needed, for example a fast approaching thunderstorm, then they go on. But at 100+ degrees the PFD could cause a young child/infant to become overheated and suffer heat exhaustion too?

I think one should follow the laws and use common sense and good judgment.

1982 Tartan 37 CB - Hull #358

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook