SailNet Community - View Single Post - Replacing Fuel Tank in E32
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2013
Tartan 27' owner

CalebD will become famous soon enough
Re: Replacing Fuel Tank in E32

In my somewhat extended rant (previous post) I forgot to mention the dreaded blisters.

My friend had kept his E32 in the water over several winters in the Chessy. About a year ago they became aware that the hull (below the water line) had developed blisters.
I thought that over wintering in the water might have been a partial cause but I'm told that there were problems with the layup on some of the Endeavors around this time. I also hear that there was a class action suit against the company.
I guess the good news is that if your E 32' has not yet developed this problem after all this time, well, that is good news.

Yes, there is some room below the cockpit for mounting a fuel tank or two. Having the tanks located here would make accessing the stuffing box, transmission and HX (if you have one) more difficult though. I'm just not sure about the ramifications of moving that weight farther aft rather than forward and over the top of the keel. I suppose an easy answer is to keep your water tanks full as they are up near the V-berth, IIRC.

Everybody has one:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook