SailNet Community - View Single Post - Bob Perry's take on Wolfenzee's dream boat
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2013

Location: S/V Waltzing Matilda, Port Ludlow, WA (NW Puget Sound)
wolfenzee is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to wolfenzee
Re: Bob Perry's take on Wolfenzee's dream boat

Sorry about that, I am not saying I think it cannot be improved, anything can be improved and I wouldn't have posed the question to you in the first place if I didn't think it were possible. The influence of the advertising industry in our culture tends to talk down things that are being improved to make the improvements look more significant. Yes make boat is of an old, even antique design....that does not mean it is obsolete and/or excessively inefficient. I am not in a position to have a new boat designed and built so have been making slight performance tweaks over the years. "Historically correct" sits about as well with me as "politically correct", even though Pat Atkin sort of looked down her nose at me and said "Oh you have a modified Atkin", William Atkin would embrace the tweaks that improve the performance of his design.
Bob, sorry again, there is a fine line between getting a rise out of you and insulting your opinion

Last edited by wolfenzee; 05-09-2013 at 12:09 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook