SailNet Community - View Single Post - Bob Perry's take on Wolfenzee's dream boat
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2013
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough
Re: Bob Perry's take on Wolfenzee's dream boat

Irrespective of Wolf's take on "grace and elegance" vs. performance - what interests me most about this thread/exercise is the alchemy of the visually "old" with the hidden "new".

If I can be so bold, Bob, that's what I love about your designs (I have your book). You don't do away with the beautiful "old" curvatures of yachts (like most of the stark, angular performance boats of today)..you just make it all work*.

Singular focus is relatively easy. Successful alchemy of form and function is beautiful.

So, please, from the peanut gallery...keep going Bob and Jeff.

(*I'm an ex-architect that comes from the Utzon/Saarinen line of appreciatives. For what it's worth...)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

S/V Dawn Treader - 1989 Hunter Legend 40

Last edited by smackdaddy; 05-09-2013 at 12:31 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook