SailNet Community - View Single Post - Performance Cruisers and Racer/Cruisers
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2013

PCP will become famous soon enough
Re: Performance Cruisers and Racer/Cruisers

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchockT View Post
I have done some racing on J120s, and they certainly are sweet sailing boats! They don't quite pass muster with the wife because she is set on having a large aft berth, and they are a bit over priced.

Speaking of over priced, I just looked on Yachtworld, and there is a 2008 J122 listed for $349,000! That is ridiculous! If I was spending that kind of money I wouldn't be looking at a used J Boat!
Things are what they are and J boats are top boats, have a very good interior (at least the J 122 that is made in France, I don't know the quality of the American made boats) and its price is similar to boats like X-yachts, Luffe, Grand Soleil or Comet, IT yachts. The price is not ridiculous, it is what cost to make a boat with that quality the way it is done, building techniques and materials.

For having a less expensive boat you have to compromise more and make it in bigger numbers, like the First, Elan, Dufour, Salona and now Dehler. Anyway a top version of any of those boats will cost almost the price of the J 122. The difference is that the J122 is already a top boat in standard version.

Regards

Paulo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook