SailNet Community - View Single Post - Bay Area hull cleaner killed on the job?
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2013
Sea Sprite 23 #110 (20)

mad_machine is on a distinguished road
Re: Bay Area hull cleaner killed on the job?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fstbttms View Post
No. Electric Shock Drowning (ESD) is extremely rare in saltwater. Almost all occurrences of ESD take place in freshwater. That being said, I unplug every boat I work on before I get in the water. Assuming that this death was not actually work-related, to my knowledge there has never been a serious injury or death in the hull cleaning industry in the Bay Area during the 18+ years I have been cleaning boat bottoms. And we're talking well over 1,000,000 in-water service events during that time. That's an impressive safety record IMHO and speaks volumes about the relative safety of working in marinas.

No idea.
and as sad as it is that you had your first death, even with that record, you are going to start seeing all sorts of regulations passed to prevent the 1 in a million (literally) death

In the end all that matters is how fully you loved, how gently you lived, and how gracefully you let go of things that did not belong to you -Buddha

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook