SailNet Community - View Single Post - Bob Perry's take on Wolfenzee's dream boat
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2013
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough
Re: Bob Perry's take on Wolfenzee's dream boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by jak3b View Post
These people seem happy with there Brent boat.
silascrosby dot com/sail/
Thanks for the link jak.

Nice looking boat.

But see that's just it - I've seen Brent unnecessarily hammered on other forums for the way he works. And I honestly think that's pretty chumpy. I personally like the way he works and see value in it. It's extremely inventive. And I know full well that there is a market of people out there that love his boats and applications very much.

On the other hand, it's when he continuously claims that his designs/applications are superior to conventional marine designs/applications that the bar is raised...especially in the context of a design discussion such as this. He needs to show how this is true - just as any other designer must do. Otherwise it's just talk. That's why it's easy for people to jump on him.

So, I have no intention of hammering Brent (although I might not agree with him). But I would very much like to have him illustrate and discuss his ideas (especially in a thread like this where very knowledgeable designers are holding forth) so I can decide for myself if he's "right" or not. That's just me.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

S/V Dawn Treader - 1989 Hunter Legend 40

Last edited by smackdaddy; 05-10-2013 at 12:45 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook