SailNet Community - View Single Post - Whats up with my keel?
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2013

Chartreuse is on a distinguished road
Re: Whats up with my keel?

Mike Oreilly, Miata Paul, Thank you for your replies.
I will read #4 on the FAQ, Grampian owners website.
Upon reading Pauls advice, I will sail it as is for the season, as Im not looking to add yet another project to my list. I have talked to an individual in my marina who owned a G26 in the past, and mentioned that there were shoal-drafters out there. I was under the impression that this was one of them, until I saw the bolt protruding from the keel inside the cabin. I may scrape the very bottom of the keel a bit to try and get a look-see, just so I know (maybe better off knot knowing..)
I havent invested a terrific amount of money, (got into her cheap) but I have a lot of love and work put into her. and I rather like the interior space and headroom she affords on such a small cruiser. I dont plan on upgrading for a while (at least until I upgrade my job situation!) so I will heed the advice paul, and address this issue more in depth during the next haul out. Great feedback and sound advice here. When I learn more, I will post again for those interested. (w/pix) Thank you for the guidance, guys!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook