SailNet Community - View Single Post - Seeking WARATAH yacht plans please
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2013

djaustralia is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to djaustralia
Re: Seeking WARATAH yacht plans please

I have contacted the ANMM and they're looking into it for me. For that I thank you. I have already contacted the aus' and NZ ship register but it's exactly that, a register for 'ships' not small yachts. I have contacted M.A.S.T but they found no yachts 'currently' registered matching what I'm looking for. My search also includes contacting the tas' library service to find dennis' death notice in a tas' newspaper archives (in the hope of finding/contacting relatives, I'll be doing that this week sometime) and the Gosford city council to see what info they had on dennis ( I can now tell you where he lived in the 70's!). I've searched aus and UK websites that list yacht designers of the 60's & 70's suffice to say theres quite a few designers out there both old and new and my search included looking for the designers name and the relative design I'm seeking. I have also, just in the last couple of days, spent some time on the phone with King isl' residents. One of which suprised me by saying he may well have seen the ORION 3 in someones front yard about 20 years ago, he said what he saw looked like a hartley but it's gone now. He gave me contact info of a mate who's been on the island since '77 so I've sent pics to them and so far there's a small but visible light at the end of the tunnel. My efforts have also involved spending many late nights (into the early hours of morning) surfing the web to cover as many bases as I can. I'm about to surf the white pages online listings to call those with the same surname as dennis, but there's only so many hours in a day!

Last edited by djaustralia; 05-12-2013 at 08:28 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook