SailNet Community - View Single Post - Hi-Volume air filtration aboard for cat hair?
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2013

F15EWSO is on a distinguished road
Hi-Volume air filtration aboard for cat hair?

Morning All,
we are living aboard with two cats and the cat hair is a bit of a challenge. It occured to us that with the strong summer sun we are leaving a lot of power on the table everyday. I am looking for a hi-volume air filter to run during the day to capture as much hair as possible.

The cats shed, in a home a HVAC or AC system filter would capture loads of hair as it moves around the house. On the boat that is not the case. The hair tends to stick to the plastic/fiberglass due to static(?), gathers in some corners and then stays put. My wife does the boat every morning with a dust pan but chases much of the fine hair all over the place to settle elsewhere.

We are looking for a portable type 110v AC filter you might use in a house to clean and capture dust, hair and allergens. The allergens and HEPA filter stuff is not that important to us as we are not allergic obviously but that stuff tends to get all bundled together.

My IDEAL filter would be high volume, less than 400 watts (electric fan motor only), cleanable filter(s), and no bigger than a microwave size wise?
Any recommendations or expereince with a like problem?
Boat Yr, 1989
Boat Length 43'

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook