SailNet Community - View Single Post - Another America’s Cup entry destroyed
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2013

Minnewaska will become famous soon enough Minnewaska will become famous soon enough
Re: Another America’s Cup entry destroyed

Quote:
Originally Posted by chef2sail View Post
We do. Nothing personal or sarcastic in my post.

Do you think we shouldn't even answer each other? If so let me know as I can follow that protocol too?

In fact I agreed with what you had said for the most part

i think that the results of the previous crash caused them to include the extra oxygen in this go around. Like professional bike racing there will be a point at which they can not do much more. The risk will be inherent to the sport.
Nope, I'm good. I thought you introduced the idea of refraining. Reply all you like.

I still don't agree with the bike race analogy. There was no significant inherent risk of dying in AC racing until recently. Arguing that the alternative is to go back to square riggers is not what anyone is suggesting. As you make advancements in the capabilities of these boats, they should not become more dangerous in the process. Race cars today are faster and more advanced than their prior generations, but are safer at the same time. That's impressive.

How hard was it to make a bigger boat with a larger wing on technology that already existed? AC has left the safety out of their advancements. Clearly there are actual competitors in the race that feel this way, as news articles are reporting.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook