SailNet Community - View Single Post - Bob Perry's take on Wolfenzee's dream boat
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2013
Once known as Hartley18

Classic30 will become famous soon enough Classic30 will become famous soon enough
Re: Bob Perry's take on Wolfenzee's dream boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by blt2ski View Post
Cam, Not sure what I am doing wrong, but if it is length divided by beam, I am 2.85, 30/10.5 = 2.85! if one is using deck length, 28.5/19.5 = 2,714285714 Still, I am about a foot wider and 2' shorter! Now the boat you mentioned is NARROW. I would still say this boat design is on the narrower end of things. Probably ave but narrow would be the better way to put it.
Sorry Marty, I misread your post as saying your LOA was 32.5'.. My bad.

I was really pointing out that the stats posted were for a beamy boat (like mine, yours and many others) - not something super-thin where getting the correct headsail angle to the breeze is a relatively simple design task with fewer constraints.

Jeff & Bob's posts both make sense to me. It's amazing (to me) how complicated rig design really is (ie. full of compromises and trade-offs) and yet it's something most of us take for granted as 'looking simple': just a stick with a few stays.

Last edited by Classic30; 05-14-2013 at 12:22 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook