SailNet Community - View Single Post - What are these things?
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2013
Mechsmith Mechsmith is offline
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Almost Heaven West Virginia
Posts: 229
Thanks: 1
Thanked 17 Times in 15 Posts
Rep Power: 6
Mechsmith is on a distinguished road
Re: What are these things?

It does not have to touch the water. It only needs a seamless interface with it. This is provided by the "cup" being filled with water or mineral oil sufficient to fill the space between the inside of the hull and the face of the transducer. This is the way it was done in my 79 Seafarer. In my 72 I mounted the transducer in a wet spot in the bilge. Occasionally I have to throw a cup of water in the bilge to keep it working.
Seafarer 29 KCB
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook