SailNet Community - View Single Post - USCG 2012 Boating Accident stats--"It ain't us?"..
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2013

PCP will become famous soon enough
Re: USCG 2012 Boating Accident stats--"It ain't us?"..

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolatom View Post
Total deaths 651, 286 of which in from open motorboat, 58 PWC, 55 cabin motorboat, 52 canoe, 44 pontoon, then it drops off. 3 types of sailboats (auxiliary, sail only, and "unknown") combined for 27.

There may be some page in there that tells you a ratio of deaths to the type of boat, but I suspect the sailboat crowd comes in safer than the bad actors in those open motorboats......

That's the relevant part, I mean what is the proportion of open motorboats to sailboats. I suppose there are a lot more open motor boats in the States but it would tale a percentage of more then 10 to one to gave an approximated number. Maybe there are.

I would be more interested to know if there are more small boats (yachts) rescues offshore now than in the past but they never detail the data and anyway it would have to be a global survey to make sense.

Regards

Paulo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook