SailNet Community - View Single Post - New Shoe Review
Thread: New Shoe Review
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2013

INMA is on a distinguished road
Re: New Shoe Review

I have been using CROCS Islanders for the past 4 years and now don't wear other styles of shoe. Life is too short to wear uncomfortable shoes.

In the past I have used boat shoes and I would still find most good quality boat shoes good on yachts and the shore.

Its just I have found CROCS Islanders and CROCS Caymans better and more suited for everyday life.

I even use Islanders for work, I have black Islanders that go with my dark business wear. At first people thought me strange which was true, now at the end of long meetings I get up and leave while many put there leather shoes on and then leave.

I probably should go back to my RM Williams boots for work but going to a hard shoe after wearing CROCS seems strange.

A significant reason I like CROCS is I find I can walk more easily and longer distances with CROCS which has assisted me in loosing some weight. To me CROCS are a life saver.

One funny story, in Luang Prabang in Laos, I was standing in a street when a Frenchman crossed the road and pointed at my CROCS Islanders, he had CROCsS Caymans on and wanted to know where I bought the Islanders. Without a common language, I explained I bought them online from America. Smart travellers have figured out CROCS are great footwear when traveling, they are light, comfortable and protect your feet from damage.

The only issue with CROCS is figuring out when to throw them out, my limit is once the sole is worn smooth in the center which takes about 6 months of continuous use on me. I tended to keep boat shoes longer but CROCS are cheap.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook