SailNet Community - View Single Post - Do dock lines go with the boat?
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2013

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail
Re: Do dock lines go with the boat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blr972 View Post
Hey guys. I'm buying a boat from a guy and I love the boat but the seller has been completely a pain in the butt from the start. Well long story short I've purchased the boat with a contract stating there were some stuff the seller was going to take with him off the boat. I'm about to take the boat out of his slip to my marina but now he is claiming the dock lines stay. I assumed the dock lines go with the boat and the contract stated everything goes with the boat except for the listed items...the dock lines aren't listed. I've paid him, he's signed over the boat, I think I should be able to keep the lines.

Did I assume wrong? Do you consider dock lines be part of the slip or part of the boat? I need opinions before I start butting heads.

Thanks
My first impression is its bad karma....give them back to him after all you want 1/2 inch anyway. Legally they probably belong to you soince not listed in contract.

Or

You could solve it the way Solomon would. Cut the baby in half. Give him either half the dock lines (2 a 35 ft) or half the dock lines (4 at 17.5 ft).

Then go out and get new ones and use your old ones as emergency or traveling ones,

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook