JonEisberg will become famous soon enough
Re: Another America’s Cup entry destroyed

Quote:
Originally Posted by chef2sail View Post
And the Tour de France is a very small segment of what bike riders are about
And formula 1 is a small segment of what driving a car is about
And so on.

These guys are pushing the edge
Many different ways of pushing the edge...

Personally, I am FAR more impressed by what this kid did last year, than anything Larry Ellison will spend tens of million$ to accomplish on SF Bay this year... If any sailor has truly and so purely demonstrated the "indomitable will to adapt and overcome" - to borrow c. breeze's words - it's Matt Rutherford:

Sailor Matt Rutherford welcomed home in Annapolis after sailing solo around the Americas - Washington Post

Quote:

The entire trip cost around $35,000, all things included. At this point we have raised over $100,000 for CRAB and the number is still rising. So thank you all for your contributions. Until next time.

Solo Around the America's Under Sail | An audacious attempt at sailing the Northwest Passage and circumnavigating entirety of both continents, to benefit Chesapeake Region Accessible Boating

To be clear, I was among those who expressed doubts about the likely success of Rutherford's venture from the beginning... He certainly proved me wrong, and I can only hope the AC guys manage to do so, as well...
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook