SailNet Community - View Single Post - Deader in the Bahamas/Is Nassau getting that dangerous?
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2013

korn is on a distinguished road
Re: Deader in the Bahamas/Is Nassau getting that dangerous?

Was very sad to hear this news, sounds like an upstanding guy.

As for Nassau, I spent 3 weeks there this winter and had no real issues. I did however, have a friend come visit whom certainly has better "inner city" situational awareness than I do, and on one particular evening he picked up on some locals taking particular attention to us as we walked home from the bar... and we were 3 guys, so I could imagine the scrutiny on women/individuals.

Ultimately, the massive quantities of cruiseship passengers and all inclusives placed into a relatively poor economy cultivates a dangerous brew. I watched as one night locals were gather outside Senior Frogs because they were being denied entry whereas we were ushered right in... It was disturbing to say the least and the crowd was not happy.

For cruisers, you don't go to the Bahamas to visit Nassau, due to the circumstances I was forced to stay there for 3 weeks as I watched the tides pushing garbage past my boat day and night. If I was to do it again I would skip it... Stage/stay at Rose island if u have to. It's a cool spot close to Nassau.

Just my .02.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook