SailNet Community - View Single Post - Help pinpointing a leak
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2013

hillenme is on a distinguished road
Re: Help pinpointing a leak

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyquest37 View Post
Your leak is of great interest to me - I have something very similar going on. Just last weekend, I pinpointed a leak coming from inside a limber hole through a floor in much the same place as your leak. I used a snake camera to look in there and found a portion of uncovered glass mat where water is weeping through. Not much water - about 2 gallons accumulate in five days, but it is still disconcerting. I'm guessing at this point that either 1) my hull-keel joint needs rebedding or keel bolts need tightening; or 2) there is hole/crack in the gelcoat below the water line somewhere and this is where the water is migrating to, or 3) there is a leak above the waterline somewhere and this where the water is migrating to.

I do not want to seal over the exposed fiberglass I found in the limber hole for fear that the water will just migrate further along.

Anyway - appreciating this discussion so far.
Interesting, it does sound like what I'm dealing with. Your's is the second mention about a snake camera, I may have to invest in one of these. I'd like to see what's going on under the water inside the limber hole.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook