SailNet Community - View Single Post - Help pinpointing a leak
View Single Post
post #33 of Old 05-15-2013 Thread Starter
hillenme

Re: Help pinpointing a leak

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyquest37 View Post
Your leak is of great interest to me - I have something very similar going on. Just last weekend, I pinpointed a leak coming from inside a limber hole through a floor in much the same place as your leak. I used a snake camera to look in there and found a portion of uncovered glass mat where water is weeping through. Not much water - about 2 gallons accumulate in five days, but it is still disconcerting. I'm guessing at this point that either 1) my hull-keel joint needs rebedding or keel bolts need tightening; or 2) there is hole/crack in the gelcoat below the water line somewhere and this is where the water is migrating to, or 3) there is a leak above the waterline somewhere and this where the water is migrating to.

I do not want to seal over the exposed fiberglass I found in the limber hole for fear that the water will just migrate further along.

Anyway - appreciating this discussion so far.
Interesting, it does sound like what I'm dealing with. Your's is the second mention about a snake camera, I may have to invest in one of these. I'd like to see what's going on under the water inside the limber hole.
Quote Share with Facebook

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome