SailNet Community - View Single Post - Another America’s Cup entry destroyed
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2013

PCP will become famous soon enough
racing and risk management:

Quote:
Originally Posted by casey1999 View Post
If the AC 72's continue to have accidents and people continued to die, how long would the race sailing community allow this format to continue, with no boat engineering or operations changes? ...
Accidents happen in race boats. With the AC72 only two accidents happened. It is very unfortunate that in only two accidents one sailor died.

I expect more accidents I don't expect nobody else to die. If on one of the accidents someone more dies then the organization will have a safety problem and probably that will lead to some changes on the boats or in the wind conditions they are fit to race.

People have died on the VOR, on the Vendee Globe and even on minor races like those fatal accidents in California races. Living involves risks. Racing involves bigger risks. It all has to do with those risks to be acceptable or not to the racers and to the racing community. I don't think that the sailing community has nothing to do with this. Most of them don't don't give a rat's arse about sail racing.

Regards

Paulo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by PCP; 05-15-2013 at 05:24 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook