SailNet Community - View Single Post - Another America’s Cup entry destroyed
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2013

casey1999 is on a distinguished road
Re: racing and risk management:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCP View Post
Accidents happen in race boats. With the AC72 only two accidents happened. It is very unfortunate that in only two accidents one sailor died.

I expect more accidents I don't expect nobody else to die. If on one of the accidents someone more dies then the organization will have a safety problem and probably that will lead to some changes on the boats or in the wind conditions they are fit to race.

People have died on the VOR, on the Vendee Globe and even on minor races like those two fatal accidents in California races. Living involves risks. Racing involves risks bigger risks. It all has to do with those risks to be acceptable or not.

Regards

Paulo
That is what I am asking. How many would have to die in the training leading up to the AC to have the races stopped and considered too dangerous. Many hear are saying racing is dangerous- yea we all know that. And you are even saying Living involves risk-- good point, I always thought I would live forever. But if you say racing is dangerous, how many would need to die before you said, whoa, these AC 72's are too dangerous?
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook