SailNet Community - View Single Post - Is Sailing Sexist?
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2013

wind_magic has a spectacular aura about wind_magic has a spectacular aura about wind_magic has a spectacular aura about
Re: Is Sailing Sexist?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyWren View Post
On the other hand ... I asked spouse the other night whether he felt offended by a current beer ad on TV that seems to paint men as bumbling idiots. His response was that he didn't think the ad was aimed at all men, just bumbling idiot beer drinkers.
Those aren't as bad as the "my husband is an idiot" advertisements designed to sell things to women, they all seem to have the same scriipt writer ...

Husband doing something stupid
Smiling wife waves around new product husband has never heard of
Wife saves the day
Husband does one last stupid thing
Wife shrugs her shoulders, tilts her head, and smiles into the camera with that "we all know my husband is a moron, but it's our little secret" look on her face.

I think part of the reason for the male sexism commercials is that there's just nobody left that writers can make fun of without being accused of "ism". They know that husbands aren't going to complain.

(yes, scriipt was spelled wrong intentionally, Sailnet won't allow the real spelling)

Please support my
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook