SailNet Community - View Single Post - Sailnet Chat Silenced -- Day 2
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2013

Minnewaska will become famous soon enough Minnewaska will become famous soon enough
Re: Sailnet Chat Silenced -- Day 2

Since SN is not a charity, I've never understood how chat drives eyeballs to advertising and the store. Seems it takes them away and would be counter productive. Maybe it just drives member numbers and the advertisers don't even know. I would have guessed, however, that SN would get a bump if a member actually clicks on an ad, and the topic sensitive interface is supposed to make that more likely.

If there is true Q&A on sailing related topics, I personally find it sad that it is lost the moment the chat window is closed. Still, whether in or out, isn't going to make or ruin my day. If there was any controversy at the time it was originally launched, it was only because the membership was asked for its opinion, which was promptly ignored. Just don't ask.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook