SailNet Community - View Single Post - Where are the younger people?
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2013

c. breeze is on a distinguished road
Re: Where are the younger people?

Look at the guitar hero phenomenon. Kids who simply will not take an hour a day to learn guitar - which WILL get you laid- will spend hours daily on guitar hero- which will not. Why? God only knows. Not much makes sense to me- I mean not much about us ever has- but the last few years I've just completely disconnected, simply can not relate anymore. The overriding desire for comfort, which leads cruisers to pack everything you've heard of x2 (see cruising dads very amusing definition of cruiser/ packing list) alienates me, the overriding desire for safety confuses me- I view it as nothing more than avoidance behavior, as seen in a soft dog- you see it in retriever training, soft dogs will just fail to attempt certain scenarios- and struggle with concepts, cuz they might get nicked with the collar. And finally the constant craving for convenience- so now we have instant Starbucks coffee- cuz the 4 minutes wait on a French press could well prove fatal I suppose. Heinz ketchup in squeeze bottles... It's a metaphor for the decline of western civilization. Then you meet folks out cruising who look at your age and get resentful or scandalized- assuming you haven't "earned it" whatever that means...
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook