SailNet Community - View Single Post - Idiot lights to gauges and OMG! I hate that Morse dual control down near the deck!??
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2013

deltaten is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to deltaten
Re: Idiot lights to gauges and OMG! I hate that Morse dual control down near the deck

I have considerable real estate available on the stbd.cabin bulkhead. Conservatively, a square foot and a half or more. The original compass and depth finder were mounted here in 3" and 3.5" holes respectively. I will end up with a covering panel of some sort; so why not a "pod" or housing tailored for the space? That would avoid having folks boarding the boat knocking something askew AND provide a bit of weather shielding for the package AND centralize the package in a more accessible position.

I'll probably end up fabricating the housing. I'll make it large enough to fit any proposed and future controls/devices. The back side does/will protrude into the cabin space; butI am planning a cabinet at that spot anyway, so it will be shielded from view while being accessible for adjustment/repairs.

Please keep advice/tips coming. I need all the advice I can get!

Paul
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook