SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2013

PCP will become famous soon enough
Re: Paul Bieker and the Riptide

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjung View Post
I really like the concept of the Seascape 27. Whatever happened at the EYOTY 13? I never was able to get any details on why the Seascape did not fare well at the tests? Anyone know?
For the ones that are imagining what the hell is the EYOTY, it is this:

MOVIE:

EYOTY: Europas Siegeryachten 2012/13 - Yacht TV - Segel Videos von Europas größtem Yacht Magazin

Regarding the Seascape 27 I heard that the boat performed normally on the tests but that is a category that should be subdivided: they call it special boats and in special boats enters everything that is not a cruising sailboat: Day sailers, race boats, week-end cruisers. It does not make sense. How can a race boat like the J70 that won that category this year, be compared with a fast week end cruiser like the Seascape 27?

That was a very confusing category with two boats nominated missing the rendez vous (A27 and Code 0) and one nominated in substitution winning the contest (J70). Besides all boats in the contest being great sailing boats even in what regards winning what they said makes not a lot of sense to me:

"Each category featured some exciting matches. The B/One and the J/70 were locked in a tight battle, with the Farr-designed Bavaria being mostly on the winning end in light air under 8 knots. But on tight reaches when the breeze was up, the J/70 pulled even or ahead."

Read more: Boats.com Blog » Blog Archive European Yacht of the Year Awards 2013: The Candidates | Boats.com Blog

For what they say it was a close match. Being the Bavaria One a boat that costs 1/3 less than the J70 how it can be explained that the trophy was delivered to the J70?

Anyway the J70 is a great boat but it seems to me that this year in that category they were all great boats, including the two that did not make it to the tests, one because the boat was damaged in a crane accident the other because Archambault was in deep financial trouble (not anymore).

"The other candidates proved that in the past months and years designers and builders have managed to develop boats with a high degree of refinement."

Read more: Boats.com Blog » Blog Archive European Yacht of the Year Awards 2013: The Candidates | Boats.com Blog

J 70 Port La Forêt from J Composites on Vimeo.

Regards

Paulo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook