SailNet Community - View Single Post - Where are the younger people?
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2013
A mod and her dragon

DRFerron is on a distinguished road
Re: Where are the younger people?

Quote:
Originally Posted by northoceanbeach View Post
Children are the death of dreams to me. O ce you have them especially more than one and especially in this day and age, you are now a slave to your kids and sailing and cruising is gone.

I guess that's a rather blunt way of saying that you made a decision based on the lifestyle that you want to live.

We chose to not have children but I don't view children as a "death to dreams." It was just a different path I decided to take based on how I want to live. I was fortunate to find a partner who shares my feelings. We love our nieces and nephews and enjoy sailing and other activities with them. We just never felt ready for the full-time responsibility of raising children and then age took care of the decision more or less.

There are lots of cruisers and sailors with children. Not everyone has to make a choice between the two. I love seeing kids enjoying the sailing and cruising life and seeing how their world expands. It keeps me hopeful.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Catalina 30 TRFK

Contributing Editor
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
magazine

Rock Hall Cruising Station

All things that are, are equally removed from being nothing. John Donne
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook