SailNet Community - View Single Post - Another America’s Cup entry destroyed
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2013

PCP will become famous soon enough
Re: Another America’s Cup entry destroyed

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonEisberg View Post

btw, have you seen what the former F1 designer Mike Gascoyne is now up to?

f1 to gor | Sailing Anarchy

No I did not know, but it seems to me that the only thing he is up to is having the good taste (and I hope the sense of business) to Sponsor a great solo British solo sailor in a great race that I hope it will be far bigger in the next edition: A circumnavigation race on 40 class racers with a duo crew (Round-the-world race).

The boat (Caterham Challenge) will be an Aquilaria RC3 40class racer, the new version of a production racer designed by Marc Lombard.

Akilaria Class 40, Akilaria 9.50 - Akilaria Europe chantier Mc Tec Boats Tunisie

By the way, I love Caterham. It is almost impossible to desire the same car since a kid but that is what happens to me and the Lotus 7 designed by another car genius (Colin Chapman) 60 years ago. As you know the car today is called Caterham and it is as fast and amusing to drive as it was the 7 on its days.

Since they are sponsoring racing sailboats let me go a bit out and show you this (imagine how those guys on the Ferraris and Porsches, with 3 times the horsepower and 5 time the cost should be feeling not being able to go away from those oldies. That are the kind of "old shoes" I like):

Regards

Paulo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook