SailNet Community - View Single Post - Another America’s Cup entry destroyed
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2013

Omatako will become famous soon enough
Re: Another America’s Cup entry destroyed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnewaska View Post
"I was offered a spot on an AC team."

"Isn't that incredibly dangerous and these new boats might really crash into each other and hurt people? I'm worried about the kids."

"Yes, but if I say no, I will never be offered another opportunity like it. I have to say yes, or hurt my career."

JMO.
My response would have been "I wasn't planning on taking the kids on the boat with me."

Just kidding.

But the choice to do or not to do a job of work irrespective of what that job may be is available to every living soul that is not an imprisoned slave. To say that the job is made dangerous and a person is forced to do it because he has no other choices is simply naive. Everybody gets to choose where they do not want to work.

So a world-class yacht crew refused to sail on a perceived death-trap and from then on is unemployable? Yeah right.

Besides, if the job is that dangerous that you want to say no, why would you want another opportunity like it?

These boys race these boats because they wouldn't want it any other way.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying."

Arthur C. Clarke
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook