SailNet Community - View Single Post - Can I anchor for a week?
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2013
first sailed january 2008

northoceanbeach is on a distinguished road
Re: Can I anchor for a week?

It's not the inflating that I mind so much though I thank you for the suggestion. As we all know I did get that super sweet solar panel a while back. Hopefully it's doing something.

It's more the whole process. It's heavy and unwieldy to get from the cockpit to the deck and then I have to take it out of the bag and unfold it on a bow it just barely fits on. Then pump. Then lift one side above the lifelines so it can inflate fully. Now I tie a line so when I throw it overboard it doesn't float away. Oops. Just like real life I forgot to put the bench on. So I go get that and the paddle out of the cabin. Put those in now I'm ready to go.

The worst part if dragging back on deck and deflating it and trying to get it dry enough it won't get my mattress wet then rebag it.

It's not really all that bad and if I'm going to stay at a place for a couple days then no problem. The problem is if I anchor late say 7-8, tonight it was 9:00 when I finished. There's no way I want to get it out if I am just leaving in the morning. I can leak over the side.

It's not it in and of itself. It's that with my 6 showers a week, three cups of coffee a day, endless quests for food. Laundry, 2-3 boat washes a week. Something's got to give because sailing is hands down no questions asked my favorite part of this trip. 5 of my 6 top moment were when sailing so anything that takes all the time away from the sailing part has to be budgeted for time.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook