SailNet Community - View Single Post - Paceship 23
Thread: Paceship 23
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2013

Kper is on a distinguished road
Paceship 23

Taking a back road to visit our son we stumbled across a sailboat sitting under cover hours from the nearest lake so I stopped to inquire. It didn't have a "for sale" sign on it but the older gentleman said he'll never get around to sailing it and asked if I could help get some information on it and a possible value. Turns out it was an AMF Paceship, or a PY23. The owner has had it for years and has never had it in the water. In fact, the owner before him never had it in the water and the last registration shows 1999 IIRC. It's sitting on a trailer with a little corrosion but not bad. It has 5 sails with it but I didn't take them out of the bags but can say what I did see of them they felt very good. Of course I don't know if they are damaged or what, exactly, they are. There is no roller furler and no electronics for the most part. He's replaced the interior but it would need a cleaning. The bow pulpit has been repaired and there's a 4" scratch below water line that may or may not be through the gelcoat - hard to tell because it has had a temp repair over it. Not sure of the condition of the swing keel, either. Comes with a 6hp, 2 cycle Evenrude.

Anyone have any idea what these are worth? I couldn't find any for sale online go get a feel for current values.

Thanks.

Well, it appears I am not mature enough to post photos, sorry.