Re: Water purification
Water from a reverse osmosis watermaker should not need additional treatment, unless it is stored for while. Exposure to air or the container could allow microbes to contaminate the water. Tap water in the US is already treated with chlorine. If you are concerned about microbes in your water, no "filtering" is going to help. Boil the water to kill the microbes or use chlorine. Eight to 16 drops per gallon of houshold bleach will work. There are other bleach products you can use that FDA approved for human consumption.
There are many studies that prove the effacacy of chlorine as a sterlizing agent in water. It has also proven to be safe when used in low dosages. On the other hand, just a few microbes can kill you, and do kill thousands of people every day.
[/B]S/V Wind Orchid
Catalina 350 (hull# 273)
LET'S GET SERIOUS ABOUT REMOVING POLITCAL TAG LINES -- NOW!