SailNet Community - View Single Post - Steak, OMG! pan seared!
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2013

JimMcGee is on a distinguished road
Re: Steak, OMG! pan seared!

Quote:
Originally Posted by miatapaul View Post
Yea my all clad pan is one of the few bones of contention in my divorce! Though I am looking to switch to some carbon steel as they are inexpensive and much lighter weight. Sounds like a nice dinner, what time should I arrive?
Anyone with a bottle of wine who likes to laugh and tell stories is welcome on our boat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by miatapaul View Post
I think living aboard freezer space is going to be the hardest adjustment as I have always made my own stock and freeze it in ice cube trays and used it to make sauce as needed, and of course compound butters.
You're more ambitious than I am. I usually buy the all natural stocks from Wegman's.

Speaking of which, substitute chicken for steak, chicken stock for red wine, finish some small potatoes and veggies in the gravy and you have a pretty good chicken dinner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJO View Post
I have with interest and amazement read the last 54 postings and after reading a couple I had to scroll back to the top of the page to make sure I was on a sailing related website and not a cooking blog. I think 3 mentioned sailing.
When I'm on the boat I want to slow down and enjoy life. Good food, good wine and good company are all part of sailing in my mind.

If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most" - E.B. White
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook