SailNet Community - View Single Post - Full or fin keel?
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2013

RickWestlake is on a distinguished road
Re: Full or fin keel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfenzee View Post
Even living at the dock and not taking my boat out I still exercise my engine.

The MacGregors with enough power can get up and plane to get you back to the marina in time so you don't miss cocktail hour. As much as I dislike them, I have noticed one thing about MacGregors.....the owners do tend to use them a lot more, and that what it's all about right.
It is possible for me to get my boat over 20kts....but that would involve putting it on a container ship.
I described my Mac 26X, Bossa Nova, as a 26-foot, sleep-aboard sailing dinghy, that can also serve as a funny-shaped travel trailer. It's a very good first boat, for someone who hasn't decided between sailing or power-boating, or who wants to take it on a camping vacation to some big lake or bay, or other sheltered waters; and I know a few people who have taken their MacGregors to the Bahamas, and had a great trip of it.

But you can only do so much with a Mac.

I don't regret putting my Mac up for sale and buying my current Bristol 29.9, even if I'm paying several times as much to keep Halcyon in a slip as I was paying to keep Bossa Nova on her trailer at the same marina.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook