SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2013

PCP will become famous soon enough
Seascape 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjung View Post
I agree about the odd class the Seascape was in, but in the end three pretty similar boats were compared. I would have also thought, that the Seascape could give both the J/70 and the B/one a run for their money. But no mention of performance!?!? B/one and J head to head, where was the Seascape?
Yes you are right even if they were comparing two racers with a fast day sailer, weekend cruiser. I find that odd too, but that was not a comparative test.

Anyway it would be nice to have global impressions about all the boats and the way they have performed but they don't do that and that's a pity.

However in what regards speed:

"First race done! We where inited to Skagen Invitational which is a two legg race. The first leg is the same as the Helly Hansen Skagen Race. That was 120 nm with upwind! We managed to keep both a Archambeau 31 and a First 34.7 behind us on the water but with a ranking similar to most 40ft. boats we ended 20 in the shorthanded class. Among the 20 boats in the Invitational race we placed 2nd behind the class 40 "Solo".

But on Saturday we had the second race from Skagen in Denmark to Smøgen in Sweden whitch was a steep downwind leg! And that was perfect! Finished ahead of both X-41, XP 38 and a First 50 on the water!

The positions was then changed and we finished 1st both on he second legg and overall!

A good start of the season for us in a race were we didn't know the boat and tested all sails and different combination!

But it's great fun to pass a First 50 when they are working their ass off to manage the genaker and we are running by autopilot and watch them work!"

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Seasc...16132001738205

The Nordic guys were impressed and there were only two as crew:

http://www.seilmagasinet.no/id/40228

Skagen race is a big Nordic race with fast boats and good crews.

I bet this transom and particularly the "see you!" is a bit provocative when letting behind a fast 50fter

On this year the conditions were tough for a small amd light boat like the Seascape 27, but it was precisely on these conditions ( the movie is from the downwind leg) that the boat beat the crap out of much bigger boats.

Some great movies of the last edition edition:

skagen invitational from Pål Andreassen on Vimeo.

Skagen Race ombord i X-41, Kiwi from Pål Andreassen on Vimeo.

Regards

Paulo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by PCP; 05-18-2013 at 12:44 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook