SailNet Community - View Single Post - Full or fin keel?
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2013

PCP will become famous soon enough
Re: Full or fin keel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobperry View Post
Paulo:
I'll have to defer to your superior knowledge in the area of yacht design and yacht design offices. I have not been at this very long. You obviosly have far more depth and bredth to your design office experience than I have. I can only hope to one day have as much knowledge of yacht design as you think you have.

Here are a couple of small projects of mine. I'd love to see some of yours.

I am in full agreement with you that swing keels are the optimal solution for shoal draft. I am very lucky in that I live where the water is very deep so shoal draft is not a concern of mine. Although I have designed one or two boats where draft was a major consideration.
I don'y understand your attitude. I am not a yacht designer and I never have pretended to be. That does not make less true that today all major NA cabinets use CFD in what regards designing hulls, keels or rudders. Many advertise so on their web sites and others even publish some computer prints of the studies. It is only a complex computer program that accesses the efficiency of what has been drawn and contributes to improve the design.

Regards

Paulo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook