SailNet Community - View Single Post - Soft Sole Replacement
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2013
Superior Sailor

Squidd is on a distinguished road
Re: Soft Sole Replacement

Really wasn't that bad of a project...took three months, but most of that was "waiting" time to dry out warm up and harden up between coats...

I counted 12-14 actual "hours" of work....Haveing it in the back yard where I could work for an hour here and there helped... I would hate to travel two hours to work for an hour and then two more hours home...

Work keeps me busy till after Memorial Day...then I can start taking weekends off...So hopefully splash first of June...

I have most all my spring list done, just need to clean out the inside and reload my gear, wash and wax the outside and check the trailer over for the ride...I'm 2 hrs away from bayfield, so I didn't see the fire damage yet, but it wasn't near the bay anyway...

Buddy came over and painted my trailer for me...minimal prep (but that's OK) we had to mix 3 different colors together to have enough product (but that's OK) Looks better than the rusty mobile home frame it started as...and that's OK...

I can't see the trailer when I'm out on the lake anyway...