SailNet Community - View Single Post - Prop size for 4-107
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2013
grumpy old man

bobperry will become famous soon enough
Re: Prop size for 4-107

Ok we know a few things:
I figured a 2.57 to 1 reduct gear and you have a 2.51 to 1, close enough.
Your prop is either a 16 by 16 or a 16 by 12.
16 by 12 is much close to my recommended 15 by 10 than 16 by 16.
But while it is clearly still too much prop I'm not sure that it is big enough to cause the problem that you are experiencing. But it is obvious by your symptoms that you are over propped.

Find a reputable prop shop. They can measure and tell you excatly what the dia and pitch are of your existing prop. Ask them if they can resize the prop to 15 by 10. Try that. Or buy a new three blade.

If you really love your boat and you have a birthday coming up, or better yet, your wife has a birthday coming up, giver her a new Max-Prop for her birthday. It's a lot like jewelry. She'll love it. Max-Prop will send you the new prop, already adjusted for what they know to be right for your engine and gearbox. You will love it and you will have far better performance in reverse due to the syrmetrical blade design of the Max-Prop.

And it all ended happily ever after.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Bob's Blog ....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Please also visit my new web site
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook