SailNet Community - View Single Post - Where are the younger people?
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2013

Rhys05 is on a distinguished road
Re: Where are the younger people?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonEisberg View Post
Well, I just hope you're not too wedded to the notion that you definitely need something over 35' to "go cruising on"... Nice to have, perhaps, but such size is certainly not a requirement to really go places...

Lots of folks out there doing just fine on boats considerably smaller, or older... Here's but one example, Thies Matzen and Kiki Erickson on the legendary WANDERER III...

http://www.cruisingworld.com/people/...er-iii-a-toast

Great story! Yeah, I realize that we don't have to have a 35+ foot boat to "get out there and do it," and if the right ~32 footer came along, I would certainly consider it, but I would prefer something in the 37-39 [35 and 42 being the extreme ends of the range I would prefer] foot range both for living comfort and sailing speed.

I have a feeling that (from my perusing of YachtWorld and Sailboatlistings) that when the time comes we'll end up with a Tartan 37 or similar based on the price/performance/size/aesthetics ratios. I like the looks of that boat and she is highly rated for the things that we would like to do.

Last edited by Rhys05; 05-19-2013 at 08:27 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook