Originally Posted by BGS
Thanks for the replies. It will be at the dock on a single 30A. Bank is two 12v deep cycle/ cranking.
Here's the thing -- in order to get the best solution, you need to take a lot of variables into account (hence MaineSail's questions.)
What we know:
1. You want a new charger.
2. It will be fed using a 30A shore service.
3. You have two 12V deep cycle/cranking batteries as your house bank.
What we don't know:
1. What is the battery chemistry? (flooded, gel, AGM?)
2. What is the bank capacity in amp hours at the 20 hour rate?
3. Are there any loads on the batteries while you are away from the boat? (i.e., are you leaving a fridge running or something else that will draw juice out of your batteries?)
4. How much money are you looking to spend?