SailNet Community - View Single Post - What is This Piece of Metal on my Boom
View Single Post
post #16 of Old 05-20-2013
Junior Member
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 0
Re: What is This Piece of Metal on my Boom

The small crank should have a place, near the mast end, for it to insert and crank in order to roate the boom for reefing. The topping lift must be attached to that 'metal piece' at the end of the boom.

I had boom roller furling on my 1965 Hood design 24 ft boat. It was not a great system, had to have someone pull on the end of the sail as it got cranked in oder to have a good sail shape. I changed over to jiffy reefing and never regretted it.

mathcr is offline  
Quote Share with Facebook
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome