SailNet Community - View Single Post - Bob Perry's take on Wolfenzee's dream boat
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2013

outbound is on a distinguished road
Re: Bob Perry's take on Wolfenzee's dream boat

Thank you for the thoughtful answer. Always learn something when you post. My boat will be sailed 95+% of the time by one as it will be just my wife and I so we will take turns. Hate the engine and it's a sailboat so agree with your thinking but came to similar conclusions as you perhaps for different reasons. Mostly right brain not left and what the admiral would accept. If you pursue this would take a look at how boreal handled this issue. Seemed very clever. They designed a pipe dropping the rode in the dead middle of the boat. Doesn't seem to intrude on the interior and looks like it would run freely. A lot of places I've been are mud bottoms. Would think area would have to be airtight or have really good way to clean chain or you get a stinky boat even with just a little residua. Maybe have v berth air and watertight so would serve as collision bulkhead as well. Defer to your skills. Please don't feel pushed. I realize this is doodling and not your "day job". Tell me to stop anytime you want.