SailNet Community - View Single Post - My Horror Story
Thread: My Horror Story
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2013
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
Re: My Horror Story

Haha. I love it. Sounds like Chase when i told him you cant jump that far.

Listen, i remember those years. Been there too. I was the guy out sailing hobies too. Been there done that.

I have avoided the insurance thing because i have a slightly different view than my brethren. I really couldn't care less if you carry it for your boat. Your decision. There was once a saying amongst cruisers that you know you were ready to go when you dropped insurance. I just met another awesome couple with kids that said insurance is a joke in s america. They just sailed from sf to marathon with two boys on a catalina 38... So i take them serious. Other friends of ours on a panda 38 (expensive boat) sail without it.... For the moment. Now listen to the caveat:

I have do e this for a long time. The world is changing. Many marinas and even mooring fields require insurance in the us now. The last two we have used even require you to list them as payees on the policy. No kidding. If not, good riddance.

Keep that in mind on your travels. I actually wish you the best. Heading up your way in next 60 days. Hope to see ya out there. Take a deep breath and have a beer. It all works out, bro. Get your boat together and get out there. You ain't the first person that screwed up or had problems. Builds character.

Just don't hit my boat!! (Snicker)

Brian

1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow My Blog at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow me on Facebook:

Last edited by Cruisingdad; 05-20-2013 at 07:30 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook