SailNet Community - View Single Post - Bob Perry's take on Wolfenzee's dream boat
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2013

Location: S/V Waltzing Matilda, Port Ludlow, WA (NW Puget Sound)
wolfenzee is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to wolfenzee
Re: Bob Perry's take on Wolfenzee's dream boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobperry View Post
Having a bit of a hard time following your argument there Wolf. Jeff and I NEVER idscussed "rating" and we never would. It just has zero application to this excersize. As for "planing"? Forget about it. A boat like this can never plane. It might surge a bit on a wave face with the right wind aft of the beam but it will never, ever plane. Even Jeff's latest iteration would never be a "planing" boat. Maybe a brief surge or surf but not planing.

As for what you have now? I'll stick to the facts:
I'd say you have nice old design, pretty sheerline as drawn, narrow and quite full forward with a lot of deadrise and slightly hollow garboards amidships increasing towards the transom. The point of max beam is quite far forward resulting in a very full bow. The full keel has a nice profile to it with plenty of "drag" angle. It's a nice, a very pleasant design.
The bow is not full at the waterline, there is a significant flare (?), look at the waterline measurements. The purpose of this flare it to keep the cockpit dry in heavy seas.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook