SailNet Community - View Single Post - New Crew
Thread: New Crew
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2013
Owned by Velcro

Ferretchaser is on a distinguished road
Re: New Crew

I think today is the day. We have taken them out every afternoon for the last few days to play and learn how to find bugs. I have been around the dock and boats catching spiders and things for them to eat and they are doing ok now and actually peck at bugs and not just open their beaks when they see one, hoping it would just hopp into the open door. One has already joined the outside birds a week ago, two are going hopefully today and then we just have the little guy left and he will probably saty with us for another week or so, till he has learned what he needs to know to fend for himself.
There are with this weather loads of bugs out there for them so I am not worried that they are not going to find enough to feed themselves, even though they are still a little bit clumsy. But they know where we are so can always come back for a take out meal whenever they feel like it.
Thanks for the kind comments folks.

Dr Doolittle

Now where can I get one of them big pink snails. Would make a great dink
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak!.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook