SailNet Community - View Single Post - Ratchet straps
Thread: Ratchet straps
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2013

Minnewaska will become famous soon enough Minnewaska will become famous soon enough
Ratchet straps

My Kato secure-it davit straps are starting to look worn. One is chafing over the transom too. I could have new webbing sewn on, but it would be a real pain, as I would have to leave them at the canvass shop for a while, with nothing to secure the dinghy. I was thinking of buy 3 new ones and then leaving the old set to have re-sewn as spares.

I went to Kato's site and found they cost $130 for a new set of two!! I mean, I'm as used to marine mark up as the next guy, but holy smokes.

http://www.katomarine.com/saildavits-dinghy.htm

The prior owner actually left one additional ratchet aboard that is clearly another manufacturer, but I can not for the life of me find them anywhere. Other than being stainless steel, the unique characteristic is the loop at one end that can be wrapped around the pushpit stanchion.

Anyone know of a source for these? Can't find them anywhere other than Kato.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook